Have you ever wondered "Why some people are more Successful than others at achieving their fitness related goals?
We catch up with Eanna McNamara bodybuilder (aged 20) earlier today, who shared his secrets to success (goal settings), which is summed up for you in 5 paragraphs.
(1) Setting goals keeps you constantly pushing towards something. If you don’t have something to work towards you’ll question, why you’re actually working. I see this happen all the time, especially with people who decide to get fit. “Getting fit” is too broad a goal to set. Be specific. Use dates. It gives you an exact timeframe and prevents procrastination. Here’s an example of a goal that will work :
I want to lose x amount of weight by such a date. This works because it is specific, you have chosen an exact figure and the date you want to achieve that figure.
This goal will constantly be in your mind, it will be something to push towards and motivate you.
If you don’t have an end result of an action in sight, you will crash and burn.
Settings goals isn’t some magical thing that will guarantee success, but if you have no direction, you will get lost. Having something to constantly work towards leads to success.
(2) Manifestation works. Writing down your goals may be a physical action, but it does something mentally too. When you put out what you want into the world or manifest it, it happens. If you don’t know what you want yourself how do you expect to achieve it? The subconscious mind works in amazing ways, you won’t even be aware of it but you will begin to carry out certain actions that lead you in the direction of your goal.
Write down what it is you want, this could be health related inside or outside of the gym. I want to lose X amount of weight by such a date, or I want to be able to run X kilometers in X amount of time. If you don’t ask for what is you want how do you expect to achieve it? Setting goals actually makes you a better person. When you think of setting goals, your immediate thoughts turn to those of monetary value, your career and other things.
You don’t have to set such extravagant goals. You can set things like “eat healthy” , “Go for a run this week” , “Avoid alcohol for the next 2 weeks” all of these actions will lead to a more positive and healthier you.
They are all very achievable and short-term which is also good. Sometimes we set goals that are 12 months away and usually lose focus, take it step by step. If you want to drop a few waist sizes focus on dropping one size at a time and then move on to the next one. This way you will stay on track. The more mini-goals you will set the more you will accomplish and the happier you will be.
(3) Once you reach or hit a goal of yours, it will motivate you further.
When we set goals and achieve them, we get a sense of confidence and self worth.
You completed your first 5k, that’s an excellent achievement but don’t stop there, instead work towards finishing a 10k or focus on doing it in less time the second time around. By setting the goals in the first place, you have something to work towards, when that goal is reached or met another you make another and the cycle continues. Set goals, achieve them, feel successful and repeat. Without the action of goal setting, you are highly likely to get bored and wonder why you’re “grinding” towards whatever it is you’re working towards. If goal setting doesn’t motivate you and bring you a feeling of success, you’re simply doing it wrong!
(4) Goals act as a constant reminder and keeps you accountable to yourself.
Writing your goals up on a wall or on a “vision board” works particularly well, you’re reminded of them when you least expect it and this keeps you itching for greatness.
These goals are usually more long term and can even be a few years away. “Complete a triathlon” , “Be in the best shape of my life on my wedding day” , “Get a black belt in karate” Whatever it may be, write it up on your wall or on a whiteboard, these are big life goals and all of your short term goals should lead up to achieving these.
I don’t know about you but I don’t like giving up on things and especially not myself.
Actually visualising yourself achieving something and writing it down means you’re going to have to do it, even if it takes a lot longer than expected.
(5) Goal setting certainly works and contributes greatly towards one's’ fitness and health related success. It is how the greatest athletes become great and continue to prosper!
If you have any questions or comments, leave them below!
Get fit through a Physical Activity Plan
It is time to either get up and motivate yourself for some exercise or update your already prescribed exercise plan. Aim to moderately endure exercise on most or all days of the week. Create this exceptional plan your habit, not restriction and feel yourself physical sturdy and fit. This physical activity plan by Neil Fox Health and Fitness includes:
· Stretching exercise to
keep your muscles flexible.
In two weeks, you`ll feel it. In four weeks, you`ll see it. In eight weeks, you`ll feel it.
Your Healthy, Active Lifestyle Plan
Feeling motivated? Looking for making positive lifestyle changes in your life you’ve been telling yourself you want to make? This time, think of it as an evolution not as a revolution. Neil Fox Health and Fitness offers you a lifestyle changing plan that sets small goals for you and allows you to take one step at a time. This plan prominently includes:
Healthy Diet, your first priority
A healthy body needs sufficient nutrients every day and a perfectly prepared diet plan can fulfill all the needs. A healthy eating diet plan can also lower the risk for heart disease and other conditions. Neil Fox Health and Fitness brings you a healthy diet plan featuring foods that pack a powerful punch of health-promoting nutrients.
In order to get the proper nutrient from your diet, we are offering you a well- structured plan that will mainly include:
· Emphasis on fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products.
· Controls portion sizes
· Includes meat, protein, beans, eggs, and nuts.
Note down: Once you have purchased "Nutrient Diet Plan", we will contact you directly on your email/phone to be familiar with your targets and yourself.